Participants at the Decision Lens Transportation Summit in San Francisco offered perspectives on the current transportation environment. Below are some of the findings:
- In the future baby boomers will be retiring so there will be a larger working population.
- The Millenial generation will be choosing to use transit.
- People will be driving less and increasing in bicycle use and other modes of transportation (other than driving)
- Congestion pricing will become more of an issue and toll lanes will be increasing.
- Increase in ridership
- Demographic shift and behaviors
- Less VMT, Vehicles/HH
- Alternative Modes, Inter-modal
- The Multi-modal city
For more discussion, join us at our discussion group on LinkedIn – Decision Lens.